Question High temps for cpu, tried nearly everything

Jul 30, 2020
Hello there, i have an asus gl553vd gaming laptop with nvidia gtx 1050 gpu, i7-7700HQ processor and a 8 gb RAM. im getting bad performance in games than i should have, for example in Dead by Daylight, im getting 40-55 fps with low settings and %0 resolution scale. Also i have high temps for my cpu, going 95 degrees on full load (with undervolted -0.125mV). even if i disable turbo boost, i still get temps like 80 degrees. I had this problem a while ago where my cpu clock speed was decreasing to 0.800mhz, i reapplied the thermal paste and it was solved. But this time I tried cleaning the dust and all, reapplied thermal paste, tried so many different cooling pads, tried maximizing the fan speed, put the windows power plan on high performance, i even changed the table i put the laptop on but nothing seems to work. My cpu temps are 50-58 degrees on idle. Im desperate for new ideas guys please.

Furzumz

Upstanding
May 28, 2020
When you cleaned the dust out did you use a can of compressed air to do so? If you did, did you clean out any intake and out take air vents with it?

I know a handful of people with gaming laptops who never blew their laptops out with some compressed air who had major heating issues until I made them get a can of the stuff and it fixed their heating issues

Jul 30, 2020
After i did the clean up and applying thermal paste and nothing changed, i thought maybe i did it wrong so i sent the laptop to a technical support for the same processes and nothing changed again, so i don't think its about cleaning but thank you very much

ASK THE COMMUNITY