High Temps on Intel Core i7 6850K using Corsair H100i v2.

Jul 28, 2018
(Apologies in advance I'm not particularly techy)

I've had this setup for around 18 months, I've noticed the temperatures on my CPU gradually getting worse over time, and now it's got to a point where they look like this, after I've very recently pulled the h100 out, cleaned the radiator and replaced the paste etc - with no improvement on the temps:

FkMEA3W.png

These temps are with no stress on the CPU whatsoever, with one of the side panels open on my case.
I'm quite new to water cooling it's the first time I've used it, does it degrade over time and I need to replace the h100 unit?

Happy to provide any more info that's needed - it's my first time using a website like this so apologies if I've missed anything.
It's worth noting my country is currently experiencing a heatwave and my room temperature is probably very high, I don't have a way of measuring it but something to keep in mind.

Solution
That's crazy hot for idle temps, even with a high ambient temp. As long as your pump is plugged into a working header that is running at 100% it's most likely it's you cooler from the information provided. Pump motors and bearings can fail over time. I don't buy Corsair AIO's any more because I have had issues. My suggestion would be to buy another brand. I am happy with the Deep Cool Captain I used to replace my h100.

80c+ during idle? Pretty sure your pump went bad.

dragonstar914

Proper
Jun 24, 2018
That's crazy hot for idle temps, even with a high ambient temp. As long as your pump is plugged into a working header that is running at 100% it's most likely it's you cooler from the information provided. Pump motors and bearings can fail over time. I don't buy Corsair AIO's any more because I have had issues. My suggestion would be to buy another brand. I am happy with the Deep Cool Captain I used to replace my h100.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS