[SOLVED] High temps with fpu test

thekillerx10

Honorable
Apr 12, 2018
So i have Ryzen 7 3700x with liquid cooler thermaltake 360 3.0 argb sync edition
so in aida64 without the fpu test on load the temps are 70 , 72 like that
With the fpu it reaches 95 and 94

So is that normal or should i do something change thermal paste to good one like arctic mx-4 , also im 100% sure that the pump is installed properly

i tried using the voltage to v1.37 and the frequency 4.35 ghz and the same temps

Solution
That is actually very good especially at the low vcore as AIDA64 is a very heavy test load and really pushes temps... As to testing time for stability, if the PC is just being used for gaming and light workloads then you do not need to go for 10 hour runs but if you are working on use cases with heavy workloads like rendering etc then it is worth testing stability for longer...

Update : i got max temps of 84c with aida64 cpu+fpu+cache stress test for 30 min, and managed to get the 3700x to 4.3 ghz 1.27v i guess i got lucky with the silicon lottery?, i will leave the stress test for 10 hours to check stability

thekillerx10

Honorable
Apr 12, 2018
Update : i got max temps of 84c with aida64 cpu+fpu+cache stress test for 30 min, and managed to get the 3700x to 4.3 ghz 1.27v i guess i got lucky with the silicon lottery?, i will leave the stress test for 10 hours to check stability

Reactions: vMax
That is actually very good especially at the low vcore as AIDA64 is a very heavy test load and really pushes temps... As to testing time for stability, if the PC is just being used for gaming and light workloads then you do not need to go for 10 hour runs but if you are working on use cases with heavy workloads like rendering etc then it is worth testing stability for longer...

Solution

thekillerx10

Honorable
Apr 12, 2018
my usage is only gaming but i will do it just in case

No problems at all and apologies as work life took over for not responding. Bottom line you are in the right ball park and should be more than fine and to top it of, that is a good overclock for Ryzen! As usage is primarily gaming you do not need to go crazy on ling tests, just do some decent AIDA64 runs and AIDA64 is brutal anyway, some Prime95 blend test runs and be done with.

If you are gaming and you crash, then you will know that stability is an issue until then...play away and have fun!!!

thekillerx10

Honorable
Apr 12, 2018
No problems at all and apologies as work life took over for not responding. Bottom line you are in the right ball park and should be more than fine and to top it of, that is a good overclock for Ryzen! As usage is primarily gaming you do not need to go crazy on ling tests, just do some decent AIDA64 runs and AIDA64 is brutal anyway, some Prime95 blend test runs and be done with.

If you are gaming and you crash, then you will know that stability is an issue until then...play away and have fun!!!
yea i got a stable 1.27v on 4.3 ghz and run aida64 for 4 hours and the max temp was 83 i think im good?

Reactions: vMax