Question High temps with I5 11400F, water colling 240, and mother Asus Tuf z590 wifi

Nov 12, 2022
First my specs:
Mother: TUF Gaming Z590-PLUS WIFI
CPU: I5 11400F
Cooler: ID cooling flostflow 240
RAM:GSkill Trident Z 3600mhz
GPU:RTX 2070 Súper
PSU: Corsair 650w plus bronce

Hello, im having highs temps in my I5 11400F with a Water Cooling of 240mm (Frostflow 240).

Makings stress test with AIDA64 CPU+FPU the CPU power consumption of the intel turboboost goes to 185W max with 90c with a frequency of 4.2Ghz and after 20 min of runing the test, the frequency goes down to 3.55 Ghz with the same Temp and a power consumption of constant 130W (I suppose thermal throttling).
Playing games like Forza Horizon 5 the CPU goes to 90c.

Testing in another mother of a friend (Aorus B560 Elite) the max temp was of 75c in the same tests with the same water cooler, rams, etc. and the power consumption of the intel turboboost goes to 110W, the frequency does not drop below 4.2 Ghz, Constant 65W power consumption after boost from Intel TurboBoost...
First i set both of the mothers with the default optimized values, and the only changue a made is on the XMP Profile of the RAM.
How can i reduce the temp like in the B560 mother? do i need to changue another BIOS voltage values related with CPU?

How can I configure in my asus tuf z590 wifi in the bios a maximum consumption of TDP lower than the one that intel turboboost uses by default, how can I leave it the same as in the aorus b560?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.

How long has this Frostflow 240 AIO been in use/service?

Where is it located? Front, top?

How are the fans configured? Intake, exhaust?

Can you post some pics of the inside of your case showing the AIO installation and hoses?

Have you checked the BIOS to see what the RPM of the pump is showing?

What is the current motherboard BIOS version?

Nov 12, 2022
How long has this Frostflow 240 AIO been in use/service?

Where is it located? Front, top?

How are the fans configured? Intake, exhaust?

Can you post some pics of the inside of your case showing the AIO installation and hoses?

Have you checked the BIOS to see what the RPM of the pump is showing?

What is the current motherboard BIOS version?
Thanks for the advice and help.

I have bios version 0820. The WC is 2 years old, I have already checked if it works correctly and if it already does, I have also tried a cooler master ma620p and the exact same thing happens, the problem is not the coolers, these work fine, the problem is the consumption of 180w of the 11400F in the Asus Tuf z590....

imagen-2022-11-16-204116841.png

Last edited: