High voltages on P4P800

Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have a P4P800SE running a retail P4 2.4c cpu. The cpu is identified as
an Intel 2.4c processor by the bios. When I go to manually set the cpu
voltage I can choose 'auto' or a voltaqe over a range from '1.525v to
1.9500v'. When set to the 'auto' setting the voltage is set to 1.6v. Is
this normal behavior for this motherboard? Does this have anything to do
with the 'vid cmos setting'. The default setting is'62', but the setting
can be adjusted from '1 - 62'. Other than the voltage issue the computer
is working very well.

Thanks,
Richard

Len

I have the P4P88 Dlx and a 2.4c CPU - the voltage has been around the 1.6v
level for about a year without issue. Seems to be what the MB detects this
CPU needs.

FWIW, Len

"Richard" <boetard@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a P4P800SE running a retail P4 2.4c cpu. The cpu is identified as an
>Intel 2.4c processor by the bios. When I go to manually set the cpu voltage
>I can choose 'auto' or a voltaqe over a range from '1.525v to 1.9500v'.
>When set to the 'auto' setting the voltage is set to 1.6v. Is this normal
>behavior for this motherboard? Does this have anything to do with the 'vid
>cmos setting'. The default setting is'62', but the setting can be adjusted
>from '1 - 62'. Other than the voltage issue the computer is working very
>well.
>
> Thanks,
> Richard

Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks. No problems here. Just wondering about the overvolting.

Richard