Question Higher end Pc is having cooling problems on simple things

Jun 22, 2020
I recently have been having cooling problems with my PC all of a sudden. It will start to sound like a mini jet engine and the glass on the case with start to get hot when playing simple things(Black Mesa/Fortnite) My CPU is sitting at around 40C but will then start averaging at around 65C when playing a game. My GPU sits around 40C but will then jump to around 80C while gaming. This is a problem that just started about a day ago and I have been using this PC for about half a year now. I thoroughly cleaned my PC and made sure all my heat sinks and fans were working properly. I'm not overclocking at all. The glass does seem to be hotter near the GPU.

CPU: Intel Core i7 9700k
GPU: EVGA Ultra RTX 2070
CPU Cooler:Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A LGA1151
Case: NZXT H510

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
That cpu cooler is totally inadequate for that cpu. The hyper212 is a 140w cooler. The 9700k can reach 200w without issue.

Windows just had an update. I'd not be surprised to see several powerplan changes, usage changes, fan curve changes etc. A lot of things that were previously disabled, may get re-enabled back to defaults.

Jun 22, 2020
I don't believe its the updates fault, I just updated last night but the issue was going on before then. The cooler has worked great so far but would you suggest getting a new one?

TRENDING THREADS