Question higher ping than normal

lightningg

Commendable
Sep 27, 2020
Hello ,

so recently I've built a new pc , and all went good for like the last month, until like , 3 weeks ago , i was playing league of legends , then got ping spikes to like 100 ping, my game was disconnecting the whole day.
From that day now my internet is not as it used to be , for example now i get higher ping than I used to get ( used to get like 39-40 stable) , now I get 53-55 spiking to 60 sometimes(weirdly sometimes i get 34 ping on some matches i dont know why) , this is not happening only in league of legends , in all games such as valorant , cod warzone , in valorant i was like stuttering shortly , on warzone i would get ping spike to 100.
I tried reinstalling internet drivers , flushind dns stuff in cmd , reseted network , windows updates , etc.
I got ethernet cable connected fibre optic if im not wrong full duplex 1gbs/1000mbs, and it's connected through in ONT (ZTE F660RV1)

Are you sure it is not the internet connection. Not sure if your router would have any logs.

Leave a constant ping run to some ip address like 8.8.8.8 and see if you get loss or large latency spikes. You could also ping your router IP, problems with the PC and/or router would show here. It is highly unlikely you see problems to your router but it is a good data to have when you call the ISP and tell them you have packet loss and latency spikes. They will try to blame the pc and this test will show them it is not.

lightningg

Commendable
Sep 27, 2020
I just pinged 8.8.8.8 and got results but I can't post gyazo link to share the photo , so I will just type the resutls here:

"Ping statistics for 8.8.8.8:
Packets sent = 2648, Received = 2647, Lost = 1 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 12 ms , Maximum = 141 ms , Average = 14 ms. "

Is this normal ?

This means the game for some reason telling something different. You got 1 packet loss and your average ping is almost the same as the minimum which means there is very little jitter ie spikes.

This could be because the path to the 8.8.8.8 server is different than the game server. You kinda hope that is not the problem because you can do very little about the path and how your ISP connects to other ISP.

Make sure you do not have any so called "gamer" network accelertors or any other form of QoS software. Many times these come bundled with the motherboard. If you have a killer ethernet it tends to have this trash and some asus machines come with software like this.

Otherwise this is likely some other game bottleneck. What is really strange is people can sometime "fix" these issues with different video drivers. What can happen is the game gets delayed in the video but blames the delays on the network.

lightningg

Commendable
Sep 27, 2020
I don't think I got any gamer network accelerator or any other form of QoS , I only downloaded the network adapter from the mobo site called Realtek Ethernet Controller Driver from my mobo asus tuf gaming B550-m plus(Realtek PCIe 2.5 GbE Family Controller) also the video driver im using is nvidia 457.09.Also i have a pending windows update but whenever i search for updates it tells me im up to date , but this one is not forcing me to do it (20H2)

peanutmanak47

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
I don't think I got any gamer network accelerator or any other form of QoS , I only downloaded the network adapter from the mobo site called Realtek Ethernet Controller Driver from my mobo asus tuf gaming B550-m plus(Realtek PCIe 2.5 GbE Family Controller) also the video driver im using is nvidia 457.09.Also i have a pending windows update but whenever i search for updates it tells me im up to date , but this one is not forcing me to do it (20H2)

Sorry for the late reply but did you ever figure this out?