Higher the mbps, the better?

Solution
The TPlink.
Its an internal PCIe card, which is almost always favorable over a USB adapter.
Additionally, and this is just personal, the USB adapter claims it supports 600mbps, but it actually supports 150mbps on one band and 433 on the other. Not that you can use both at the same time like that. So the 600mbps is just a lie.
The TPlink.
Its an internal PCIe card, which is almost always favorable over a USB adapter.
Additionally, and this is just personal, the USB adapter claims it supports 600mbps, but it actually supports 150mbps on one band and 433 on the other. Not that you can use both at the same time like that. So the 600mbps is just a lie.

Solution
Apr 28, 2018

Any reason why the TPlink is more prefered? but the TPlink is 300mbps so does that mean the usb is better since I'm going to mostly play games and 433 is more than 300mbps so it has to be faster right?

R0GG

Distinguished
In my humble experience the 2.4GHz band is more consistent than the 5Ghz even at 150mbps transfer speed which allows about 18 MegaBytes per second which amply covers the average internet connection of 20mbps= 2.5 MegaBytes/sec (nonetheless I run an AC1900 modem router coupled with a 5GHz 1.3 Gbps Asus usb 3 Wifi adapter with few signal drops compared to the older Linksys USB wifi dongle 300 mbps on the 2.4 GHz which never drops connection)

Apr 28, 2018

so getting the usb would be somewhat useless on the 5 ghz side so I should pay more for the pci slot adapter instead? I just want people's personal opinions on this so I can get an idea on which would suit my needs.

R0GG

Distinguished
USB Wifi adapters are in general are as efficient as the PCI internal ones, even for the 5GHz band, (although you'll have to deal at times with USB issues), It's just that you won't need that much speed, 150 mbps on the 2.4 GHz band would theoretically cover for up to 150 mbps internet plan ! (while the average one is just about 20 mbps).