Highest amount of ram?

darksora269

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
What is the highest amount of ram I can use with an AMD Phenom II X6 1100t Black edition (Of course)?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233232

How about this?

UNIMPORTANT: I'm looking for something that will.. Well.. Help me out with my games. Primarily, to allocate a lot of memory to multiple applications. One group of programs being running XSplit to live stream with Skype, Zune, and Minecraft with a Minecraft server run off my computer. Not that any of that information is truly needed but I'm looking for a decent speed kit of ram, preferably 1600 speed. My current 8 gig kit of 1866 does it all justice perfectly fine but lots of ram will definitely help me out for the future.

Note: I see the URL doesn't work so just try and work with me here. Thank you. :)

Solution
Your RAM will not be the biggest contributor to game performance, it's the video card.
Pretty much if you got 4 gigs or more you will be fine. I have 6 gigs and only fill it when I use virtual machines.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Your RAM will not be the biggest contributor to game performance, it's the video card.
Pretty much if you got 4 gigs or more you will be fine. I have 6 gigs and only fill it when I use virtual machines.

Solution

jasont78

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
i have 8gb of ram the most i have ever seen be used is about 5-6 gig in games (bf3 @ultra settings) etc i would find it highly unlikely you would see a notable difference going higher at this point in time,but 16g will only cost another 50 bucks over 8gb for decent stuff. the only reason i see to go higher than 16gb would be if you wanted to create a ram drive, but that is only really beneficial / required for specialized work loads. realistically without knowing your setup i would say 32gb would be the highest you would go outside of that it would get very expensive for larger the 8gb modules