[SOLVED] HIGHEST GPU Ryzen 3 2200G can handle?

j0hnvher

Commendable
Sep 24, 2019
I want to upgrade my current GPU( GTX 1050 2 GB). I have 16 GB of RAM and a good case airflow. What’s the highest GPU my Ryzen 3 2200G can handle? I don’t mind a bit of a bottleneck.

Specs:
Ryzen 3 2200G
16 GB Ram
EVGA BV 500 80+ Bronze PSU
GB A320M S2H V2

I only play League of Legends, Skyrim, Dark Souls Series, Sims 4.

And i want to play Elden Ring, GTA V, Witcher 3, and Assassins Creed Odyssey or Valhalla.

I plan to upgrade my moniter as well to an Asus VP249QGR monitor.

I don’t have the budget yet to upgrade my CPU.

Last edited:
Solution
Play those games and record the performance with the settings you currently use.
Then do the above again, but drop the eye candy all the way down - if you're not already doing that. Take note how much performance increases, or doesn't, and then you'll have a better idea of what comes next.
If performance increases, it means the cpu can handle a stronger graphics solution. If it doesn't, then the cpu isn't strong enough, or there's a hiccup elsewhere - be it internet connection(always online games), game optimization, ram specs, storage...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Play those games and record the performance with the settings you currently use.
Then do the above again, but drop the eye candy all the way down - if you're not already doing that. Take note how much performance increases, or doesn't, and then you'll have a better idea of what comes next.
If performance increases, it means the cpu can handle a stronger graphics solution. If it doesn't, then the cpu isn't strong enough, or there's a hiccup elsewhere - be it internet connection(always online games), game optimization, ram specs, storage...

Solution