Question Highly demanding games - first person shooter like Halo?

Marplot

Great
Jan 28, 2022
I have Intel I 12900CPU and Nvidia RTX 3080 TI and DDR 5 32GB. What demanding games in the FPS that could tax my system?

Dylan Beckett

Respectable
Jul 12, 2021
You mean just setting everything to the best graphical settings (keeping in mind some just don't add anything - rather just tax your system and rob you of fps for no actual benefit - so look into that).

I'm assuming here as I'm new to modern hardcore games too - 2013 Tomb Raider Trilogy, Red Dead Redemption 2, Forza 5, Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Valhalla, Control,

Maybe search articles on the biggest game installs as that might give you an idea as the prettier they are the more textures they tend to dump on storage drives now? Could be a good indicator?

Flight Sims?

I imagine that epic endless space empire building games or space battle games would probably push it pretty damn hard.

Mods that make games prettier could help push things too (eg Skyrim, GTA V).

There are loads similar level but I'm not sure what are the most graphically intense? Might be a better question for the PC Gamer Forums?

Don't forget if you've got a decent system - you want a decent high Refresh Rate monitor to get the most out of those sweet games!
That will push your system too.

I suggest 1440p, 144/165hz at least if not a bit higher (but don't bother with 300+ etc especially at that resolution.
I regret not getting higher than 165hz screen - but I didn't realise I could actually potentially get even more than that even at 1440p on modern games on my 3070 Ti on a 12th gen.

And don't forget to go for TRUE Grey to Grey G2G, GTG of 5ms or less - equally as important as the Refresh Rate!

But there is the whole debate about - at what level can the human eye stop benefiting from the increased fps?

Keep in mind Cyberpunk is one of the most brutal to run - apparently it looks amazing - but it's hard to run mostly cause it's optimised really badly. So you can get much better fps on similar level games that are better optimised.

And you can increase the FOV as well to push it even more - make a bigger world.

Or go large with an extra widescreen or multiscreen.

I know anything with lots of particles tends to push things so hard they can cause stuttering, eg snow, sandstorms, loads of foliage everywhere etc.

Good luck.

Last edited: