hikvision cctv issues

midgefragnet

Prominent
Jun 16, 2017
Hi I have the app IVNS 4500 and the CCTV camera.

It worked initially on live view and playback. However it then went to ddns not registered notification.

Whenever I contact the fitter, they check on their own app to see if it is live, and then it works again, I do not think that is a coincidence - but fitter says it is a coincidence!

Then following day it stops working. This happened several times, I have contacted the fitter, and then it does! I do switch the internet off every night and back on in the morning- would this make a difference, as fitter says it does not.

I contacted hikvision support and they told me ports 80, 8000 and 554 need to be open, when I checked online, it says the ports are closed - however they must have been open at some point or it would not have worked

It does not work most of the time, the only days it worked was when it was set up and when the fitter looked at their app.

The fitter insists it is nothing to do with the above, and it is an internet strength issue, as the unit is in the garage outside and the hub is indoors, but surely it would never work then, as the bars are always low but the same each day.

Have you got a solution or any advice on the above issues?

Solution
Hi,

I had a similar experience before with a Logan's DVR that works similar to Hikvision's.

The DVR got disconnected randomly, it looked like it had some network issues.

Logan's support told me that i needed to check my router since it was a Comcast router/modem provided by my ISP (Comcast).

It seems that router/modem are not ideal for connecting DVR since the ISP doesn't allow the same freedom as a common brand router like TPLINK, Netgear, D-link, Linksys, Tenda among others.

So i did tried installing a netgear router into the modem and it worked great, no more issues with the DVR remote connection.

Hope this post help you solve your remote viewing problem.

You can also check Logan site www.logan-cam.com . The support team is...

CarlosLovera

Prominent
Jun 19, 2017
Hi,

I had a similar experience before with a Logan's DVR that works similar to Hikvision's.

The DVR got disconnected randomly, it looked like it had some network issues.

Logan's support told me that i needed to check my router since it was a Comcast router/modem provided by my ISP (Comcast).

It seems that router/modem are not ideal for connecting DVR since the ISP doesn't allow the same freedom as a common brand router like TPLINK, Netgear, D-link, Linksys, Tenda among others.

So i did tried installing a netgear router into the modem and it worked great, no more issues with the DVR remote connection.

Hope this post help you solve your remote viewing problem.

You can also check Logan site www.logan-cam.com . The support team is so friendly. They have helped me to solve issues i had with other devices of other brands.

C.L.

Solution