Question Hinge fix, screen disassembly for Toshiba Satellite S55t-C5?

Mar 24, 2019
I have a Toshiba Satellite S55t-C5222 laptop that's exhibiting a common hinge issue - the kind where the hinge is loosening from the display backing because the bolts have stripped out or disintegrated.

51rFGgOQnEL._SL1000_.jpg

What I need badly is instruction on how to open the display to attempt repair. Unlike the videos I've seen for other models, there are no visible (or hidden behind stickers) screws on the front of the display bezel. I'm guessing it needs to be pried open, but I don't want to just guess, I'd really like some knowledge.

I've seen videos and tips of how to approach repairing, but if anyone has advice on that, I welcome it, too.

It's likely held together with little plastic clips, with removal being like what's shown near the start of this video for a similar Toshiba laptop...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TonsBZRJ0vY

I recently had a similar hinge issue with another brand of laptop, and the panel was held together in a similar way. For the most part, it's just a matter of prying the two halves apart. They're using a spudger, but something like a guitar pick might also work. Be careful with metal tools like screwdrivers, as you could potentially chew up the edge of the plastic.