[SOLVED] Hints to overclocking

Lukas85

Prominent
Feb 3, 2021
Hi. So I'm basically searching different forums since yesterday and try to make sure I did most important things to stable overclock my PC and not to mess up things too much. Can you just take a look and say I passed most important things? Sorry for my English, it isn't my native language.

What I changed:

1. Enchanced multi core performance - disabled.
  2. CPU clock ratio set to 49.
  3. I turned on XMP memory profile and changed multiplier to DDR-3200.
  4. I set CPU Vcore voltage to 1.340, on 1.320 it wasn't stable in stress test. (1.340 in BIOS, in benchmarking applications it shows 1.32V)
  5. CPU thermal monitor - disabled.
  6. EIST disabled.
  7. Load line calibration set to Extreme.

If there are some additional things I could change, please let me know. Thanks for any suggestions and thanks for your time.

My specs:

MSI GeForce RTX 2070
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V, DDR4, 16GB, 3200 MHz
Mainboard Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO
Intel Core i7-9700K, 3,6GHz oced to 4900GHz
PSU Silentum PC Supermo Gold 750W
Cooling Silentum PC Grandis 2
Windows 10 Home

Solution
Hi. So I'm basically searching different forums since yesterday and try to make sure I did most important things to stable overclock my PC and not to mess up things too much. Can you just take a look and say I passed most important things? Sorry for my English, it isn't my native language.

What I changed:

4. I set CPU Vcore voltage to 1.340, on 1.320 it wasn't stable in stress test. (1.340 in BIOS, in benchmarking applications it shows 1.32V)
  6. EIST disabled.
If there are some additional things I could...

What I changed:

6. EIST disabled.
If there are some additional things I could change, please let me know. Thanks for any suggestions and thanks for your time.

My specs:

MSI GeForce RTX 2070
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V, DDR4, 16GB, 3200 MHz
Mainboard Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO
Intel Core i7-9700K, 3,6GHz oced to 4900GHz
PSU Silentum PC Supermo Gold 750W
Cooling Silentum PC Grandis 2
Windows 10 Home

To determine if your system is stable you should stress test to check if your cooling is adequate when under load and that Rail voltages are within spec.

Download AIDA64 and run the stress test for CPU,FPU and Cache from the TOOLS section. Run the test for 10mins initially and stop the test if temps reach 80C. report the results. You can also run HWInfo64 to cross check temps and Core voltage.
You can also run a test on your RAM, GPU and Discs using Aida64.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS