HIS 9600XT

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I just bought a retail HIS Excalibur 9600XT with 256MB. I have not heard
much about this card, but it seems pretty decent. Does anyone have anything
to offer? You know, feedback concerning the card, issues with the card,
etc.

I bought a HIS 128MB 9600xt Platinum turbo a few weeks and haven't had a
single problem. I am still using the 4.3 drivers and the card is very
stable. My card got a lot of very good reviews at various hardware review
websites so I'm guessing yours should be on par with mine (possibly better -
256MB!)

I have also been in touch with HIS as I didn't get the HL2 coupon I was
expecting with the bundle. The response was rapid, incredibly helpful and I
received my coupon all the way from Hong Kong less than a week later.

Personally, I can't fault the product or the support!

Glenn

"John" <j.motter@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I just bought a retail HIS Excalibur 9600XT with 256MB. I have not heard
> much about this card, but it seems pretty decent. Does anyone have
anything
> to offer? You know, feedback concerning the card, issues with the card,
> etc.

---

sunbow

Distinguished
May 14, 2004

if we ever see hl2.... you gonna download off steam or send off for it?