Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011
I recently got an HIS HD 6850
my system specs are

Intel Pentium G620
ASUS P8H61-MLX
4GB DDR 3
Cooler Master Elite 600w PSU

the problem is the moment i play any game the system either shows garbage at start or it completely hangs up if u press alt f4 the system returns to windows saying that the graphics card driver has stopped working please advise

zohaibjan

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011
i did remove all my nvidia drivers infact i followed it with a fresh windows installation.
as for GPU i got it changed and the problem persists in the new one as well. i did some searching they say it might be that an update is required on the gpu bios. but however i dont want to ruin the card by updating the bios.
i did however asked HIS on this problem and seems that plenty of people are having trouble with 6850 series with BSOD.
any further advices will be very appreciated.
thanks

zohaibjan

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011
i tried to run 3D Mark and it gave the following error

Workload work failed with error message: eva::d3d11::rendering::scene_renderer::render(): draw_unshadowed_illumination_task for thread 0: File: device_context.cpp
Line: 515
Function: struct ID3D11CommandList *__thiscall eva::d3d11::deferred_device_context::do_finish_command_list(bool)

Expression: native()->FinishCommandList( restore_deferred_context_state, &result): DX11 call failed.

Device hung due to badly formed commands.
DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG: ID3D11DeviceContext::FinishCommandList: