[SOLVED] His logical: Video Editor have more Storage?

elegendx

Reputable
Nov 19, 2020
Hello :D
I have a question and I want to understand his logical.
Why someone video editor have two SSD storage? For example, NVMe M.2 and SATA 2.5.
Also, someone other have three storage for? For example, NVMe M.2, SATA 2.5 and HDD.

Solution
@USAFRet, the hard disk drive NAS, isn't it for use netwok system or can I buy and can I install my system?
I was thinking on you mind, I bought WD Black or WD Blue or Seagate Barracuda.
I have a variety of drives in the NAS.
3x 8TB
4x 4TB
3x 3TB
1x 2TB
1x 480GB SSD
Toshiba, WD, Seagate.

The 3 you mention are fine for regular use.
Hello :D
I have a question and I want to understand his logical.
Why someone video editor have two SSD storage? For example, NVMe M.2 and SATA 2.5.
Also, someone other have three storage for? For example, NVMe M.2, SATA 2.5 and HDD.
I can't say more.. but All video editors I have seen have fast storage.. like a SATA SSD.(1TB or more).. or may be NVME SSD..
So that their high-quality video can easily be accessed by PC from anywhere in drive as quickly as possible...

a reliable HDD to store files like WD Black
(4TB or so)

And a secured Backup Server is mostly used.. like 10-50TBs (you can use just external HDD if yor are going to do video editing as a hobby)

elegendx

Reputable
Nov 19, 2020
My system (parts below) has 7 physical drives.
All SSD. 6x SATA III, 1x NVMe.
:openmouth::D

I can't say more.. but All video editors I have seen have fast storage.. like a SATA SSD.(1TB or more).. or may be NVME SSD..
So that their high-quality video can easily be accessed by PC from anywhere in drive as quickly as possible...

a reliable HDD to store files like WD Black
(4TB or so)

And a secured Backup Server is mostly used.. like 10-50TBs (you can use just external HDD if yor are going to do video editing as a hobby)
Okay.

Guys thank you very much :D :D

USAFRet

Titan
@USAFRet, the hard disk drive NAS, isn't it for use netwok system or can I buy and can I install my system?
I was thinking on you mind, I bought WD Black or WD Blue or Seagate Barracuda.
I have a variety of drives in the NAS.
3x 8TB
4x 4TB
3x 3TB
1x 2TB
1x 480GB SSD
Toshiba, WD, Seagate.

The 3 you mention are fine for regular use.

Reactions: elegendx
Solution

TRENDING THREADS