HIS Radeon HD 3850 Causing High CPU usage

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Thanks a lot, it solved my problem too.

I can't be sure that the issue is with the drivers installation or with windows that adds that device 'Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio' as soon as it detects the new card. I say this because i noticed that the drivers installation was very slow since the beginning. And uninstalling the drivers doesn't solve it.

Anyway, the solution is the same, just disable the device in device manager.

I installed an ATI AH3450 AGP 512MB, my old GT6600 more often than not wouldn't start and it was taking me sometimes more than 5 on and off cycles to finally get some image and get the pc started.

Note: disabling the ATI audio device didn't work for me, but this device was gone after disabling the Microsoft one.

perescu

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009

Hi, can you please detail a little bit the procedure, exactly where did you disable these ports and how you change the computer driver ...
Thanks

TidalWaveOne

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Wow! I was wondering why one of my 8 "cores" of my new i7 920 system ( http://www.htmlvalidator.com/CSEForum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=753 ) was running high CPU usage. I disabled all three of my "High Definition Audio Controllers" in the "System devices" and it fixed it! Running Windows 7 x64.

But then I had no audio. I enabled one of them (the one that didn't seem to be related to the two ATI video cards I had in the system) and my sound came back but my CPU usage didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.