[SOLVED] Hissing sound while downloading ?

Jul 17, 2021
Hello, i hear some weird high pitch noise in my headset while im downloading, it's a high pitch crackling/Hissing sound that only plays while im downloading or playing online, kind of like a hard drive writing next to my ears, as soon as i pause the download the sound also pauses, and this only happens with headphones, no earphones and no speakers, i have tried multiple headphones and the problem still persists.

Solution
Is this a desktop? If so, try and connect your headphone to the rear panel connector, if not already there.

If not, try another source - A USB or bluetooth soundcard, perhaps.
Jul 17, 2021
Is this a desktop? If so, try and connect your headphone to the rear panel connector, if not already there.

If not, try another source - A USB or bluetooth soundcard, perhaps.
This appears to have fixed the issue, i had the cables connected to the front panel, i dont know the cause of it, or why the noise started only when i was downloading something, but thanks for the help

JWNoctis

Respectable
Jun 9, 2021
This appears to have fixed the issue, i had the cables connected to the front panel, i dont know the cause of it, or why the noise started only when i was downloading something, but thanks for the help
Was that more obvious with disk or network activity? Either way, either your front panel's audio cable or your motherboard's audio traces were picking up noise from inside of your case.

Glad to be of help!

TRENDING THREADS