Hitachi CML174 vs VX900(pic included)

zlcd

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2002
Got the monitor today... so far I like it, the only thing I noticed is the dead pixel, but I guess it's not as bad as VX900 that had 2 dead pixels and 2 sub pixels...

CML 174 feels very solid. VX900 was making cracking noises whenever I move it, also it developed that cracking noise after 4 month of use, I thought it only does it when it warms up, but the noise wouldn't go away. so about every 1-3 mins of using the monitor I would hear that noise which started becoming very annoying.

Just played Battlefield 1942 game, no ghosting, but it seems too bright even at 30 setting... need to figuire out how to handle that problem.

Colors are very vivid (seems like oversaturated), after using VX900 it's taking me some time to get used to it.

no awful mouse trail like it used to be on VX900. It's still there, but hardly noticeable.

here is a picture of the monitor:

http://www.dkuniverse.com/hitachi.jpg

bobmitch

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2002
Here's a trick that Dell taught me about dead pixels. Get an old, clean T shirt or soft rag. Dampen with distilled or spring water (keeps the metalic alloy out of the water). Take the dampened rag and gently (I mean gently) massage the pixel for about 10-15 seconds in a circular then criss cross fashion. If you rub too hard, you can damage the panel and leave a permanent blem. If you rub just right...the pixel may actually come back to life. As I said...I learned this from Dell. My laptop has a Hitachi LCD on it and when I first got it...there was a dead / stuck pixel. I rubbed as discussed and it went away...that was two years ago...still no dead pixels.

Bob

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Nice curtains!:) What are those klipsch speakers there? nice....Can't really notice the dead pixel from the pic. I'm happy you like it, and if colors seem oversaturated, adjust brightness, contrast, and othr appearance settings (also color temp).

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
- Mario Andretti

TRENDING THREADS