Hitachi External HDDs Looks Sleek, Does Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarraWarra

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2007
Why not just use your iPhone instead ?

So how do they expect you to upload 3gb data, 76 hours or more and ISP going crazy with internet traffic shaping and blocking your service for life for over usage ????

I don't get all this psycho everything has to be on the defective barely working internet.

Toilet paper is not even safe on the internet now they want everyone to put sensative data on the internet just to be used against you in a court of law.

Isn't facebook and youtube boring enough already.

Guilty until proven innocent ?????

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
NAS sucks. Crappy throughput and even crappier I/O performance. Ethernet and TCP/IP are possibly the absolute worst interconnect for bulk data storage. Second only to the crappy USB2. Firewire 800 has been around for years and gives 75 MB/s in real world performance. Compare that to the 35 MB/s of USB2 and it's no contest. The high latency of Ethernet makes it entirely unsuitable for all but the most mundane storage tasks. Sorry, but an external disk is useless it's connected with either Firewire 800, or eSATA.

wittermark

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
[citation][nom]wotan31[/nom]NAS sucks. Crappy throughput and even crappier I/O performance. Ethernet and TCP/IP are possibly the absolute worst interconnect for bulk data storage. Second only to the crappy USB2. Firewire 800 has been around for years and gives 75 MB/s in real world performance. Compare that to the 35 MB/s of USB2 and it's no contest. The high latency of Ethernet makes it entirely unsuitable for all but the most mundane storage tasks. Sorry, but an external disk is useless it's connected with either Firewire 800, or eSATA.[/citation]

lmao you really have no idea what you are talking about, my NAS in raid 5 reads at 100+MB/s, and LOL firewire(failwire), no thanks, ill stick to my USB 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS