Hitachi Hard Drive Not Loading - Please Help. URGENT.

Jonathan Quinn

Reputable
Jun 19, 2015
I was wondering if someone could help me please, this is urgent.

I have a 500GB Hitachi hard drive that I've stored all my photos, videos, music, basically all my files are on it. It's been working fine until last night. Whenever I plug the Hard Drive into the USB ports of either my Chromebook or Computer, the Hard Drive's blue LED light is coming on and it feels like something is moving or spinning inside which makes me think it's working. However, I am not getting any notifications to open the Hard Drive to view my files. It's not bringing up anything at all. When I go into My Computer, it isn't there. It's like although it's lit up, it isn't being recognised. I'm really worried as I feel I may have lost all my files. Sometimes the blue light flashes a few times but then the Drive makes a click, and then the blue light goes back to being steady. Is it fixable? Have I lost all my files?

Can someone out there please help me??

Regards,
Jonathan.

Solution
Do not worry. You have not lost all of your files. You need to most likely try to recover the hard drive's data (either through computer programs or professionally).

JOSHBLY

Reputable
Jun 3, 2015
Do not worry. You have not lost all of your files. You need to most likely try to recover the hard drive's data (either through computer programs or professionally).

Solution

Jonathan Quinn

Reputable
Jun 19, 2015

Oh thank goodness!! I was so paranoid!! So how would I do that then??

JOSHBLY

Reputable
Jun 3, 2015

BestBuy would help a ton. :)