Hitachi Hard Drive

carol 123

Reputable
Apr 24, 2014
Hi, I have an external hard drive "Hitachi" I plug it in into my laptop but the lights dont show up and it doesnt show up on my laptop either. nothing is appearing on my laptop. i really need the files in there please help me?????

Solution
I don't see the url. It could be that the power cable is just bad. Normally I'd just take apart the external enclosure to get the drive out and test it in another enclosure that I know works properly. Not sure how comfortable you are with that idea though.

carol 123

Reputable
Apr 24, 2014

nothing really. i was away and i took the hard drive with me i showed some of my frd images on their tv and when i come back home i plug it in into my laptop and its just doesnt do anything. the last time it worked was on the 19th april i think. the hard drive seems okay it is not scratched or anything i was thinking maybe the wires are broken or something...

Zooshooter

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013

If the external drive has a separate cord for power, plug in just that cord and don't connect the drive to the computer. Put your hand on the drive when you plug it in and see if you can feel the drive vibrating at all. If you could link me to a website with a picture of your external hard drive that would help.

carol 123

Reputable
Apr 24, 2014

no it doesnt vibrate when i plug it in...
GetInline.aspx

i have attached an url link to see the image of my external hard drive...
i really have no idea what has happened to it. hope i can still fix it somehow, at least my images on there... :(

Zooshooter

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013
I don't see the url. It could be that the power cable is just bad. Normally I'd just take apart the external enclosure to get the drive out and test it in another enclosure that I know works properly. Not sure how comfortable you are with that idea though.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS