Hitching in all my games?

richfam

Honorable
Jun 15, 2015
My games tend to run pretty smoothly until i enter new areas, it seems like a caching issue or a texture loading issue that I dont know how to fix. I have an SSD, Ryzen 5 1600 and a 1080ti and I play in 4K, but it happens even in 1080p on lower settings. Any ideas what it could be?

Current games it is happening on, Dragon Quest XI whenever i load a new area or finish a battle in the sea. Assassins Creed Origins just walking around cities and the new Tomb Raider game. It has also happened in the past with other games too.

Solution
This might help, not sure if AC had an update fixing this issue but if it's still an issue try set priority to normal.

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD3Yv0j7GNw"][/video]

Other game's might have tweaks you can try.

Consoles do lag as well, seen it happen with Fallout. Just depends how well optimised games are. Don't think AC would have the game running high priority on a console and games (Most of them) are more optimised to run on limited console hardware. There's a lot more going on in a PC.

As for youtube, it's tricky to know if the finished video you see is genuine or smoothed out with recording software.

You can try mess around with Window's settings like power plans, GameBar / Xbox dvr, Fullscreen optimisation. Update Nvidia drivers or roll back. 16GB Dual channel ram...

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Nothing you can do about that really, it's just the nature of big games in open world areas. Happens to me in Ghost Recon a lot too and in Farcry and thats with 16GB ram, an SSD and 1080Ti. My guess is it needs to load on the fly, not like older games with small levels had everything loaded already.

Maybe one day when ram drives are more viable ya might see this improve.

richfam

Honorable
Jun 15, 2015

Whenever I watch other videos of people playing the same game I dont seem to see it though and it never happens to me on consoles which makes me wonder if it's my pc. It happens an awful lot and becomes very distracting.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
This might help, not sure if AC had an update fixing this issue but if it's still an issue try set priority to normal.

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD3Yv0j7GNw"][/video]

Other game's might have tweaks you can try.

Consoles do lag as well, seen it happen with Fallout. Just depends how well optimised games are. Don't think AC would have the game running high priority on a console and games (Most of them) are more optimised to run on limited console hardware. There's a lot more going on in a PC.

As for youtube, it's tricky to know if the finished video you see is genuine or smoothed out with recording software.

You can try mess around with Window's settings like power plans, GameBar / Xbox dvr, Fullscreen optimisation. Update Nvidia drivers or roll back. 16GB Dual channel ram if you only have a single 8 stick.

Solution