Hitman absolution shutdown

jaisingh92

Reputable
Apr 12, 2016
Hey people,

I have an issue with hitman absolution.
As i read through the internet some people seem to have similar problems. Often they just get as a answer that their system must be the problem.
Mx problem is:
I downloaded Hitman yesterday. I tried to play 2times. Everytime after about a half to an hour, the Pc randomly shuts down and restarts. No particular Moment. It happened in the first and in the 2nd Mission. Just randomly.
I know my system shouldnt be a problem. My rig is agigabyte mainboard with intel i5 2500 box cooled (but the box cooler does pretty well), R9 280X Fual X Sapphire, 8GB Ram, 1TB free hdd disk space, win 10.
The temps are always between 55 and 60 degrees. Either Cpu and Gpu.
I have no problems playing fifa with the same temps for hours and BF4 with 65 to 70 degrees celsius, als o for hours. I havent got any similar issue with any other game yet (bf4, hardline, fifa 16, dragon age,). All are running without any problem. But hitman just restarts the whole pc.
My psu also shouldnt be the problem. It is 650w corsair. With my system i should be somewhere between 300 and 400w i guess.
Anybody who knowsthat issue and might has a solution. Maybe it is win 10. Graphics and Sound drovers are the latest. At the first try it were
a month old drivers. Than i got the latest. But it happened again.
Thx people

jaisingh92

Reputable
Apr 12, 2016
I checked everything again. Nothing wrong with the hardware. No problem playing fifa for an hour. Temps steady between 55 and 60. No problem playing bf4 on ultra. Temps 65 to 70. Event Log says that the pc rebootet yesterday but has no error message before the unusual reboot.
As i said. It just went down. Screen went black. Pc shut down and rebootet. 2 times. No obvious reason in the game why it went down.
I will try again. If it chrashes down again i will tell you

jaisingh92

Reputable
Apr 12, 2016
It is strange that the event log tells me that there was no error. Just an unusual reboot afterwards.
That made me think that the psu went down. But 1st, i dont know, would he even reboot or just go down if it was the psu? 2nd there seems to be no reason at all for my psu to shut off.

jaisingh92

Reputable
Apr 12, 2016
Hey guys, i still have this problem. It also occurs in Star Wars The old republic. I still havent found a solution. Installed older graphics drivers. Ran Furmark and Prime at the same time. Played BF4 for 5 hours straight and left the PC turned on for 2 days afterward. No shutdowns at all. Just with Hitman (and it seems to be with Star wars too). I can actually say that it is neither the ram. the cpu, the psu or the gpu. Everything had stress tests. Could it be a DirectX issue because of Windows 10. I didnt ran all of those games on win7, but after i upgraded to Win10. Is Win 10 the problem? I guess i will downgrade again to see if it helps

jaisingh92

Reputable
Apr 12, 2016
Edit: I downgraded to Win 7 again. I then had other typical microsoft issues xD. But they were easy to fix and Hitman runs as smooth as the other games. probably I am just one i a thousand who face this problem. But I am sure that it was Win 10. I upgraded not long ago and haven't had any software downloaded but games, afterburner and some monitoring and stress testing software. I wished i could have found a fix to let it run on Win 10 but I didn't