'Hitman' PC Specs Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstarr3

Distinguished
On the plus side, you only need to have some of the computer parts now for a reduced price, and as time goes on, you can buy more and more components until finally your entire computer is built later this year.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
It's been great how requirements pit AMD chips as equivalent to much more superior Intel Chips. My $200 AMD FX is like a core i7 that was $400 when I bought my cpu.

NeutronPCXT

Reputable
Feb 11, 2016
While the minimum GPU requirement is still reasonable, what's up with a GTX 770 being equivalent to an r9 290? Not that problem again.
However, I dont believe requirements anymore. They are way too inflated, especially on the CPU side.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
On the GPU side it's probably a nVidia sponsored title. On the CPU side it's probably scaled to many cores that hyperthreading can take advantage of.

ammaross

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011

kewlbootz

Reputable
Jun 30, 2015
On the GPU side it's probably a nVidia sponsored title. On the CPU side it's probably scaled to many cores that hyperthreading can take advantage of.

It's not a Nvidia-sponsored title. It's a Gaming Evolved title, featured on AMD's website. It's also confirmed to use async compute.

The 770-290 comparison is insane nevertheless.

hst101rox

Reputable
Aug 28, 2014
Uh, the Phenom II X4 940 doesn't need as high of clockspeed to satisfy the game requirments, as a Sandy bridge CPU? Please.... X86 performance is greater per clock cycle with the sandy bridge.Maybe it's the lack of hyperthreading on the 2500K though.

The i5-2500K is almost 1.9X the performance of the X4 940 (passmark), and both have the same number of cores so it's fully comparable. Both overclock fine.

So I have no idea what's going on with those specs.

I though "maybe that's wrong" but then found the Intel CPU's earlier than the i5-2500K were still kicking AMD's ass by over 40% in some game benchmarks so I guess that's right.

Come on game devs, get your act together on the specs.

Achoo22

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
The 770-290 comparison is insane
Maybe they meant to pair the NVidia boards with the Intel CPUs and the AMD boards with the AMD CPUs? That arrangement would balance out a bit although it would be much more clear for them to investigate and post the single weakest acceptable CPU and GPU.

While the minimum GPU requirement is still reasonable, what's up with a GTX 770 being equivalent to an r9 290? Not that problem again.
However, I dont believe requirements anymore. They are way too inflated, especially on the CPU side.
I have to strongly agree, all these BS requirements lately is annoying, an fx 8350 is much slower than an i7 ivy bridge for gaming and i bet an i5 would have no problem maintaining the same frame rate as the i7. and yeah, a 7970 is more equivalent to a gtx770

Status
Not open for further replies.