[SOLVED] Hitting power limit, super unstable core clocks

Sep 11, 2020
Okay. So im hitting power limit. Im getting we'd say 25-30% less fps than before. Gpu hits 100% which has never happened before. Before i used to get max 99% usage. Im in an really old zone in World Of Warcraft basically hitting 100% usage not higher settings. 8/10
Gpu: Gtx 1650 super Oc Tuf. Bought it 2 months ago maybe.
I3 9100f.
Ssd: 870 evo.
Power Supply: hyper m 500w.
Also clock speeds going down in less intensive areas, Causes my fps to be less in less intensive areas.

Ralston18

Titan
How old is the PSU?

Heavy use for gaming - correct? And/or video editing, mining, etc..

Start here:

Best Power Supplies of 2021 - Top PSUs for Gaming PCs | Tom's Hardware

Use two or three of the calculators along with your own manual total to determine the wattage requirements of your build.

If any component has a range of wattage values use the high end value.

The current 500 watt PSU may not be enough and if old could be starting to falter.

Is is possible for you to borrow another known working, quality PSU of higher wattage? Just to test...;

Ralston18

Titan
Will need to defer to others with regards to the durability and quality of that Hyper M PSU.

If you have a multi-meter and know how to use it (or have a family member or friend who does) you can do some testing on the PSU.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

Not a full test as the PSU is not under load. However any voltages out of tolerance would make the PSU quite suspect.

Solution

Jacozeelie

Respectable
Mar 1, 2019

I would not trust that psu