HL2 $29.90 at GoGamer

jlc

GoGamer has HL2 for only $29.90 as part of their "48 Hour Madness Sale"
starting today. They also have the collectors edition for $49.90. I was just
at Costco yesterday and they still have the game marked $49.99. I really
thought that they would have reduced the price at lest $10 by now.
Anyway this is a great deal if you don't have the game already. JLC

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, "JLC" wrote:

hey man and how about warning hl2 is NOT a normal game!
do you want to be part of the deceiving and misleading plan valve is
carrying on???? i guess you and most of the others don't give a damn
about fellow gamers

IMPORTANT WARNING ABOUT THE GAME THE OP POSTERS IS ADVERTISING
1- you need broadband internet connection to install and play
2- like vader des vanderlands pointed out, they can change the terms
of how you can play hl2 with a 30 days warning notice, like starting
to ask money for patches or even revoke your permission to play hl2
3 - BOTTOM LINE HL2 IS A EXTREMELY DAMAGING VIOLATION OF YOUR CONSUMER
RIGHTS! FIGHT AGAINST IT! DON'T ACCEPT STEAM! SAY NO TO VALVE! DON'T
BUY HL2!

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

against steam campaign
http://nosteam.afterdarknet.at/

steamwatch - independent observatory about steam
http://www.steamwatch.org/

sayNO2steam wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, "JLC" wrote:
>
> hey man and how about warning hl2 is NOT a normal game!

How about we just warn that you are not a mentally competent person
before each of your posts instead.

"JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote in message
> GoGamer has HL2 for only $29.90 as part of their "48 Hour Madness Sale"
> starting today. They also have the collectors edition for $49.90. I was
> just at Costco yesterday and they still have the game marked $49.99. I
> really thought that they would have reduced the price at lest $10 by now.
> Anyway this is a great deal if you don't have the game already. JLC

Half-Life 2. That's so 2004. Let's get something new! ;)

"sayNO2steam" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, "JLC" wrote:
>
> hey man and how about warning hl2 is NOT a normal game!
> do you want to be part of the deceiving and misleading plan valve is
> carrying on???? i guess you and most of the others don't give a damn
> about fellow gamers

Warning! Don't believe everything that you read on the internet.

> IMPORTANT WARNING ABOUT THE GAME THE OP POSTERS IS ADVERTISING
> 1- you need broadband internet connection to install and play

This isn't completely true. The user needs an internet connection to
validate the game and to install any updates. Hi-speed just makes it less
time consuming. With a hi-speed internet connection, the full game install
took about 30mins on my pc. Maybe someone with a 56k modem can provide the
time it took them to install it?

> 2- like vader des vanderlands pointed out, they can change the terms
> of how you can play hl2 with a 30 days warning notice, like starting
> to ask money for patches or even revoke your permission to play hl2

As to revoking permission, this seems to be a method for Valve to ban/revoke
people that have installed an illegal copy of the game.

> 3 - BOTTOM LINE HL2 IS A EXTREMELY DAMAGING VIOLATION OF YOUR CONSUMER

I've installed it; and IMO it didn't damage my consumer rights.

> RIGHTS! FIGHT AGAINST IT! DON'T ACCEPT STEAM! SAY NO TO VALVE! DON'T
> BUY HL2!

For those seriously thinking about getting the game, recommend that you
checkout the demo & Steam for themselves (see link below). Just remember
that the HL2 game does require an internet connection to validate the game
and to do updates. Plus you'll need to setup a Steam account.

http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news&id=379

Finally, here's a link with reviews on the game that provide some pros and
cons.
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/halflife2

Hope this helps

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, "HockeyTownUSA" wrote:

off course!
we want new stuff! new pc games!
and we will have them! all of them without steam! YES!!!
brothers in arms
republic commando
house of dead 3
painkiller gold/black
doom 3 resurrection of evil
psychotoxic
etc...

and these are the only ones which have been released or will be in
the next days, but much more will come, so 2005 will be a fantastic
year for pc games with fabulous releases ALL OF THEM WITH NO STEAM!
RELEASES NOT INFECTED BY GREEDY/VALVE/SPYWARE STEAM! YEAH!! YEAH!!!

and btw fortunately don't expect anything new from valve, which is a
big plus, first cause no more pc games must have steam and the other
is cause after hl2 release you can expect only "recycled" although i
like to called it "steamed" old games with the supposed new source
engine, so from valve don't expect anything new (thank god for that!)

TRENDING THREADS