HL2-Citadel-Can't Jump-Spoiler(maybe?)

I have finally made to the start of Citadel and I am stuck. The combine
machines have performed the weapons strip, I have traveled the walk ways,
but now I am stuck.
It seems I have lost my ability to jump over obstacles or to jump at all.
Is this normal? Seems like I need to do this to continue.
Thanks,
Don F

"Don F" <nobody@home.com> wrote in message
> I have finally made to the start of Citadel and I am stuck. The combine
> machines have performed the weapons strip, I have traveled the walk ways,
> but now I am stuck.
> It seems I have lost my ability to jump over obstacles or to jump at
all.
> Is this normal? Seems like I need to do this to continue.
> Thanks,
> Don F

lol... I finished the game without jumping! I even got over a barrier by
pulling things off walls and slowly walking up them. I thought stupidly it
had something to do with the *spoiler nod n wink* weapon you get there...
However, I found out after coming here on game completion, that it is
something to do with jumping on a lift. The only solution is to restart at
an earlier save where you could still jump, and then avoid jumping about or
on to lifts.

"Desosa" <yadda@yadda.yadda> wrote in message

<snip>
> However, I found out after coming here on game completion, that it is
> something to do with jumping on a lift. The only solution is to restart at
> an earlier save where you could still jump, and then avoid jumping
> about or on to lifts.

------
Thanks. Went back and all is OK.
I did a search for this problem and found nothing. I remember this as a
problem with Half-Life (1).
Don F

"Don F" <nobody@home.com> wrote in message news:p8F%d.19$Mt5.2@fed1read01...
> "Desosa" <yadda@yadda.yadda> wrote in message
> >
> <snip>
> > However, I found out after coming here on game completion, that it is
> > something to do with jumping on a lift. The only solution is to restart at
> > an earlier save where you could still jump, and then avoid jumping
> > about or on to lifts.
> >
> ------
> Thanks. Went back and all is OK.
> I did a search for this problem and found nothing. I remember this as a
> problem with Half-Life (1).
> Don F

It just wouldn't be Half-Life without an elevator bug.

"Don F" <nobody@home.com> wrote in message
> "Desosa" <yadda@yadda.yadda> wrote in message
>>
> <snip>
>> However, I found out after coming here on game completion, that it is
>> something to do with jumping on a lift. The only solution is to
>> restart at an earlier save where you could still jump, and then
>> avoid jumping about or on to lifts.
>>
> ------
> Thanks. Went back and all is OK.
> I did a search for this problem and found nothing. I remember this
> as a problem with Half-Life (1).
> Don F

Well in Half-Life you simply got stuck to the floor and couldn't move!
This bug is different, you can walk, and you CAN jump, but only amounts
to about 1/4 game inch.
McG.

> Well in Half-Life you simply got stuck to the floor and couldn't move!
> This bug is different, you can walk, and you CAN jump, but only amounts to
> about 1/4 game inch.
> McG.
----------
Not for me. I couldn't jump at all ... not even a "1/4 game inch". I went
back to a save point *before* "the ride", touched nothing *during* "the
ride", and was easily able to continue the game from the point which was
blocked before.
Maybe we have different results because of different hardware and/or
player actions during critical parts of the game.
Don F

"nutt" <octaviola@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Don F" <nobody@home.com> wrote in message
>> "Desosa" <yadda@yadda.yadda> wrote in message
>>>
>> <snip>
>>> However, I found out after coming here on game completion, that it
>>> is something to do with jumping on a lift. The only solution is to
>>> restart at an earlier save where you could still jump, and then
>>> avoid jumping
>>> about or on to lifts.
>>>
>> ------
>> Thanks. Went back and all is OK.
>> I did a search for this problem and found nothing. I remember
>> this as a problem with Half-Life (1).
>> Don F
>
> It just wouldn't be Half-Life without an elevator bug.

Grrr. ;)
McG.

>> Well in Half-Life you simply got stuck to the floor and couldn't
>> move! This bug is different, you can walk, and you CAN jump, but
>> only amounts to about 1/4 game inch.
>> McG.
> ----------
> Not for me. I couldn't jump at all ... not even a "1/4 game inch".
> I went back to a save point *before* "the ride", touched nothing
> *during* "the ride", and was easily able to continue the game from
> the point which was blocked before.
> Maybe we have different results because of different hardware and/or
> player actions during critical parts of the game.
> Don F

It's very likely. I guess this bug is HL2's equivalent of HL1's
elevator bug.
McG.