HL2 - Single Player Mods

There seems to be an overwhelming amount of MP stuff about but does
anybody know of any single player mods that are finished or near to
being finished for HL2?

I've tried the Minerva: Metastasis level which is very good but very
very short.

There was certainly some nice ones put together for the first Halflife,
but it would be good to play something new!

Clippy

--
MSN Messenger: clippy@crymealiver.com
Yahoo / Steam: crymealiver

"Cheese - Milk's leap toward immortality"
- Clifton Fadiman

On 9/15/2005 8:03 AM Clippy brightened our day with:

> There seems to be an overwhelming amount of MP stuff about but does
> anybody know of any single player mods that are finished or near to
> being finished for HL2?
>
> I've tried the Minerva: Metastasis level which is very good but very
> very short.
>
> There was certainly some nice ones put together for the first
> Halflife, but it would be good to play something new!
>
> Clippy

There's not a whole lot to it but it's different and looks nice.
http://students.guildhall.smu.edu/~eclipse/

--
Dudley Moore: "You're a bleeding nutcase!" Peter Cook: "Hah! They said that about Galileo."
Moore: "They also said it about a lot of nutcases."

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

jay

> There's not a whole lot to it but it's different and looks nice.
> http://students.guildhall.smu.edu/~eclipse/
>
> Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
> www.inglostadt.com

Hi Steve,

I decided to give a try to Eclipse as you suggested. But I am not able to
load it properly : (
Any ideas?
I am posting here what the console picked up, it might tell you something:

Game .dll loaded for "Eclipse"
Both ConVars must be marked FCVAR_REPLICATED for linkage to work
(r_VehicleViewDampen)
maxplayers set to 1
Heap: 255.87 Mb
DS:stereo speaker configuration detected
Parsed 23 text messages
Both ConVars must be marked FCVAR_REPLICATED for linkage to work
(r_VehicleViewDampen)
--- Missing Vgui material hud/hud_ec
--- Missing Vgui material hud/hud_concentration_bar
--- Missing Vgui material hud/hud_hellstorm
--- Missing Vgui material hud/hud_health1
--- Missing Vgui material hud/hud_health2
--- Missing Vgui material hud/hud_health3
--- Missing Vgui material hud/hud_health4
--- Missing Vgui material hud/hud_health5
--- Missing Vgui material hud/hud_health6
--- Missing Vgui material hud/hud_health7
--- Missing Vgui material hud/hud_health8
--- Missing Vgui material hud/hud_health9
--- Missing Vgui material hud/hud_health10
--- Missing Vgui material hud/back_button_cover
--- Missing Vgui material hud/forward_button_cover
Hud element 'CHudTitleDisplay' doesn't have an entry 'HudTitle' in
scripts/HudLayout.res
Hud element 'CHudSurvivalMode' doesn't have an entry 'HudSurvivalMode' in
scripts/HudLayout.res
Hud element 'CHudJournal' doesn't have an entry 'HudJournal' in
scripts/HudLayout.res
Hud element 'CHudEclipse' doesn't have an entry 'HudEclipse' in
scripts/HudLayout.res
execing config.cfg
Can't use cheat cvars in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to
1.
Can't use cheat cvars in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to
1.
1 CPU, Frequency: 1.5 Ghz, Features: AuthenticAMD SSE MMX 3DNow RDTSC CMOV
FCMOV
GetAllManifestFiles: Unable to load maplist.txt
execing valve.rc
--- Missing Vgui material vgui/steam/games/icon_cs
--- Missing Vgui material vgui/steam/games/icon_hl2mp
--- Missing Vgui material vgui/steam/games/icon_dod
Spawn Server background02
Begin loading faces (loads materials)
End loading faces (loads materials)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model!
(models/Trees/Evil_Trees/sa_eviltree.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model!
(models/Trees/Evil_Trees/sa_eviltree.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model!
(models/twist_tree/twist_tree.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model!
(models/Trees/Evil_Trees/jn_eviltree_03.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model!
(models/Trees/Evil_Trees/jn_eviltree_03.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model!
(models/Trees/Evil_Trees/jn_eviltree_03.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model!
(models/Trees/Evil_Trees/sa_eviltree_large.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model!
(models/Trees/Evil_Trees/jn_eviltree_03.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model!
(models/Trees/Evil_Trees/jn_eviltree_03.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model!
(models/Trees/Evil_Trees/jn_eviltree_02.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model!
(models/Plantlife/rocks/jn_rock_06_huge.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model!
(models/Plantlife/rocks/jn_rock_03_huge.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model!
(models/Trees/Evil_Trees/jn_eviltree_03.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model!
(models/Plantlife/rocks/jn_rock_03_huge.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model!
(models/Plantlife/rocks/jn_rock_06_huge.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model!
(models/Plantlife/stumps/jn_stump_01.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model!
(models/Trees/Evil_Trees/jn_eviltree_03.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model!
(models/Trees/Evil_Trees/jn_eviltree_02.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model!
(models/Plantlife/rocks/jn_rock_02_huge.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model!
(models/Trees/Evil_Trees/jn_eviltree_03.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model!
(models/Plantlife/rocks/jn_rock_03_huge.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model!
(models/Plantlife/rocks/jn_rock_06_huge.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model!
(models/jn_bridge/jn_bridge.mdl)
execing skill.cfg
Error reading weapon data file for: spell_tk
Game started
Initializing renderer...
Unable to load sky ec_dfsky_01
Failed to load sound "environmental/wind/wind2_mono.wav", file probably
missing from disk/repository
Failed to load sound "environmental/water/river.wav", file probably missing
from disk/repository
Failed to load sound "environmental/water/river.wav", file probably missing
from disk/repository
Failed to load sound "environmental/water/river.wav", file probably missing
from disk/repository
Error reading weapon data file for: spell_tk
Bad pstudiohdr in GetSequenceLinearMotion()!
Error reading weapon data file for: spell_tk
CalcSequenceIndex: can't find 'run_upper'.
Bad pstudiohdr in GetSequenceLinearMotion()!
Bad pstudiohdr in GetSequenceLinearMotion()!
Bad pstudiohdr in GetSequenceLinearMotion()!
Bad pstudiohdr in GetSequenceLinearMotion()!
Bad pstudiohdr in GetSequenceLinearMotion()!
Bad pstudiohdr in GetSequenceLinearMotion()!
Bad pstudiohdr in GetSequenceLinearMotion()!
Bad pstudiohdr in GetSequenceLinearMotion()!
CalcSequenceIndex: can't find 'run_upper'.
CalcSequenceIndex: can't find 'jump_down'.
Bad pstudiohdr in GetSequenceLinearMotion()!
Bad pstudiohdr in GetSequenceLinearMotion()!
Bad pstudiohdr in GetSequenceLinearMotion()!
Bad pstudiohdr in GetSequenceLinearMotion()!
Bad pstudiohdr in GetSequenceLinearMotion()!
Bad sequence (-1 out of 1 max) in GetSequenceLinearMotion() for model
'error.mdl'!
[...]
execing chapter1.cfg
CModelLoader::Map_IsValid: No such map 'eclipse_01'
map load failed: eclipse_01 not found or invalid
Dropped Violet from server
Reason: Disconnect by user.
couldn't exec userconfig.cfg
Config file cfg/config.cfg is read-only!!
Couldn't write cfg/config.cfg

There is a website specializing in hosting single player games for the
"original half-life".
He has several for half-life 2 as well.
If you actually are wanting the original half life games some of them
are absolute messes. I have actually downloaded 54 different games
currently available on the site.

If you email me at Pom_jao_choo@hotmail.com I can advise you on which
are most playable.
Maybe we can even coach each other through a few of them, as I have
been getting lost in some of the ones made in russia/czecklosovakia.

Please send me some words thx.

http://www.planethalflife.com/

Clippy wrote:
> There seems to be an overwhelming amount of MP stuff about but does
> anybody know of any single player mods that are finished or near to
> being finished for HL2?
>
> I've tried the Minerva: Metastasis level which is very good but very
> very short.
>
> There was certainly some nice ones put together for the first Halflife,
> but it would be good to play something new!
>
> Clippy
>

> --
> MSN Messenger: clippy@crymealiver.com
> Yahoo / Steam: crymealiver
>

> "Cheese - Milk's leap toward immortality"
> - Clifton Fadiman

WOW!!!!! With all of that I'd say yer screwed.... :)

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 19:32:15 -0400, "Jay"
<nospam_javierdl@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> [...]
>'error.mdl'!
>Bad sequence (-1 out of 1 max) in GetSequenceLinearMotion() for model
>'error.mdl'!
>Bad sequence (-1 out of 1 max) in GetSequenceLinearMotion() for model
>'error.mdl'!
>Bad sequence (-1 out of 1 max) in GetSequenceLinearMotion() for model
>'error.mdl'!
>Bad pstudiohdr in GetSequenceLinearMotion()!
>Bad pstudiohdr in GetSequenceLinearMotion()!
>Bad pstudiohdr in GetSequenceLinearMotion()!
>Bad pstudiohdr in GetSequenceLinearMotion()!
>execing chapter1.cfg
>CModelLoader::Map_IsValid: No such map 'eclipse_01'
>map load failed: eclipse_01 not found or invalid
>Dropped Violet from server
>Reason: Disconnect by user.
>couldn't exec userconfig.cfg
>Config file cfg/config.cfg is read-only!!

My luck is so bad that if I bought a
cemetery, people would stop dying. -

jay

"Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> WOW!!!!! With all of that I'd say yer screwed.... :)

Well, thanks for the eye-opener ; )
LOL

Seriously, do you mind downloading it and taking a look at the files?
I simply placed the files at the usual folder. Just as I did with the
Minerva files.

I must say, it's not exactly a light download : ( (260Mbs)

Jay

I have, and it plays ok but it's a 3rd person view which I don't
enjoy.... I confuse easily... :)

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 20:10:39 -0400, "Jay"

--

>I have, and it plays ok but it's a 3rd person view which I don't
> enjoy.... I confuse easily... :)

I understand.
Would you mind sending me a screenshot of Windows Explorer showing the 1st
and 2nd levels of its files? From "SourceMods".
Thanks CF : )

Jay

jay

> I understand.
> Would you mind sending me a screenshot of Windows Explorer showing the 1st
> and 2nd levels of its files? From "SourceMods".
> Thanks CF : )
>
> Jay

Nevermind CF : )
I downloaded the exe version this time and it worked fine.
I am actually enjoying the very different approach. Too bad I'm stuck at
that place with the fairy throwing explosive balls at me : (

Jay

On 9/15/2005 4:32 PM Jay brightened our day with:

>>There's not a whole lot to it but it's different and looks nice.
>>http://students.guildhall.smu.edu/~eclipse/
>>
>>Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
>>www.inglostadt.com
>>

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>Hi Steve,
>
>I decided to give a try to Eclipse as you suggested. But I am not able to
>load it properly : (
>Any ideas?
>I am posting here what the console picked up, it might tell you something:

It works OK for me, I had a problem with it I can't quite remember what,
but I added +map_background none to the game shortcut. I think it got
screwed up at the initial load with the animated background.
It works OK for me.
There are a couple of download alternatives at the Eclipse site, have
you tried just using the zip extract method rather than the installer?

--

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 16:03:37 +0100, Clippy <clippy@crymealiver.com>
wrote:

>There seems to be an overwhelming amount of MP stuff about but does
>anybody know of any single player mods that are finished or near to
>being finished for HL2?
>
>I've tried the Minerva: Metastasis level which is very good but very
>very short.
>
>There was certainly some nice ones put together for the first Halflife,
>but it would be good to play something new!
>
>Clippy

Substance is quite a good mod.. or should i say edit of HL2..
basically, it's liking HL2 with a ton of the bad guys everywhere, who
take a lot of ammo to take down..

toadie

Kind of a neat FTP site for files...
http://ftp.games.skynet.be/pub/www.filesnetwork.com/Half-Life_2/Maps/SinglePlayer/