HL2 with game pad

Any chance it's possible to play HL2 with a gamepad like Logitech's
RumblePad 2 or something similar? Or is the game pretty much restricted to
mouse/keyboard only?

"Paul Fedorenko" <pfedorenko@bite-me.look.ca> wrote in message
> Any chance it's possible to play HL2 with a gamepad like Logitech's
> RumblePad 2 or something similar? Or is the game pretty much restricted
> to mouse/keyboard only?

If windows recognises it and you can see it listed in control panel
under game controller. Editing config.cfg by adding lines like
bind "JOY1" "+lookup"
for each of the buttons on the game pad should enable it.
I'm using a Microsoft Sidewinder USB game pad.

Jim M

if you want to torture yourself....