HMD As Monitor: Immersive Media's IM360 VR Toolkit Enhances VR Filmmaking Workflow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldbutstillatit

Honorable
Jul 4, 2012
I wish I wasn't 45 or this had started half a century earlier than it did. I'm going to miss the really awesome stuff as I'll be dead when it finally happens but, I do like seeing it's beginings.

I think I'll do a personal "time capsule" for future generations of my offspring detailing my personal experiences, feelings and thoughts during this time in history as it relates to the birth (I was there in the 70's & 80's too) of virtual reality. Maybe it's my age but, I'd love to read some of my ancestors experiences, thoughts and feelings when they first used a phone of had a photo taken. I did get to talk to my grandmother about her first time seeing an automobile. Great story for another time and place but, in all the chaos and excitement, it's important to capture the "human" element for future generations. If only to provide fodder for "One hundred years ago people thought we'd still be using our eyes for VR" articles on the Neural Net.

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015
I wish I wasn't 45 or this had started half a century earlier than it did. I'm going to miss the really awesome stuff as I'll be dead when it finally happens but, I do like seeing it's beginings.

I think I'll do a personal "time capsule" for future generations of my offspring detailing my personal experiences, feelings and thoughts during this time in history as it relates to the birth (I was there in the 70's & 80's too) of virtual reality. Maybe it's my age but, I'd love to read some of my ancestors experiences, thoughts and feelings when they first used a phone of had a photo taken. I did get to talk to my grandmother about her first time seeing an automobile. Great story for another time and place but, in all the chaos and excitement, it's important to capture the "human" element for future generations. If only to provide fodder for "One hundred years ago people thought we'd still be using our eyes for VR" articles on the Neural Net.

That's a really good idea! I've never thought of that before, but I really like that. I might just do it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.