hmm. sperkers.which to choose?

G

I'm seriously thinking about upgrading my current 2.1 Labtec speakers to a 4.1 or 5.1 speaker set, but I can't really decide which to go with..
so far.. i got TWO options..

S4 Midiland 7400 plus
or
Kilpsch Promedia 4.1
(let's put away the money concern as secondary for a sec here...)

but the major concern that i have is that, are THX and Dolby 5.1 the basicaly the same??
i mean, what are their differences? if i buy a DVD, would i really notice the difference the two ??

its late here and i guess i can't think toooooo straight lol.. thanx for any help/replies tho

FatBurger

Illustrious
Dolby and THX are completely different. Dolby digital is a form of encoding that enables you do use only one wire to connect to a receiver for 5.1 sound (as opposed to three).

THX is a certification. Basically, it's just saying that the speakers are good enough to be used in a movie theater.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Get an ATP5 system. These things are amazing- sound is ultra clear, and they can be really, really loud- still w/ clear sound (although at that point, your ears will be throbbing too much to tell if there is any sound:)).

NOS and a <font color=red> Ferrari </font color=red> can be fun! :cool:

G

I've read some really great things about Klipsch ProMedia speakers.

FatBurger

Illustrious
The Klipsch's are very expensive, though.

I'll have to look at the Altec Lansing's, I haven't seen them before.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

cooll

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2002
what about the logitech z560, I read some review stated that this set is identital in sound compare to klipsch 4.1 with half a price.