windows no?... but what if... you could right click on your desktop and
SEARCH it... every file and folder on your machine... with an Alt+S option
for the web?... it'll never happen... it's crazy or...
--
cool?...

While you can't right click the Desktop, you can right click the System Tray icon.

http://toolbar.msn.com/tour_suite/start.aspx

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"thinkingman" <thinkingman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:102AACF2-7965-4FDC-8C56-A48B393E688C@microsoft.com...
> windows no?... but what if... you could right click on your desktop and
> SEARCH it... every file and folder on your machine... with an Alt+S option
> for the web?... it'll never happen... it's crazy or...
> --
> cool?...

Disregard, it doesn't do file searching very well :-( Google has a Desktop Search tool, as well. And I'm sure others are coming.

"Doug Knox MS-MVP" <dknox@mvps.org> wrote in message news:O$2teMkrFHA.3796@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
While you can't right click the Desktop, you can right click the System Tray icon.

http://toolbar.msn.com/tour_suite/start.aspx

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"thinkingman" <thinkingman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:102AACF2-7965-4FDC-8C56-A48B393E688C@microsoft.com...
> windows no?... but what if... you could right click on your desktop and
> SEARCH it... every file and folder on your machine... with an Alt+S option
> for the web?... it'll never happen... it's crazy or...
> --
> cool?...

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 08:24:06 -0700, "thinkingman"
<thinkingman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>windows no?... but what if... you could right click on your desktop and
>SEARCH it... every file and folder on your machine... with an Alt+S option
>for the web?... it'll never happen... it's crazy or...

If you're not just trolling, go take a look at Google Desktop.

http://desktop.google.com/about.html

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"What in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?"
"My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters."
"The waters? What waters? We're in the desert."
"I was misinformed."

not to confuse things and to ONLY entice discussion: I'm thinking embedded in
the OS...
--
cool?...