Question ho ho partitions on my 4to seagate dont show up anymore!

anaturelover

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
hoho only 2 of the 4 partions show up.
also since it is 4to the pc does seem to read it is a 2 to only like if other partions are fantom!
what to do?

Colif

Win 11 Master
is this your old C drive?
were the 4 partitions all approx. 1tb each in size?

I think reason it can't see other 2 is because you booted as MBR and it can't access any space on drives about 2.2tb . They are likely there. I expect drive is formatted as GPT given its size.

you need a PC that is booting using the UEFI boot method that recognises drives bigger than 2,2tb

anaturelover

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
hi it is an external ssd . i t is plugged into an old laptop.
a week ago i well,, i thik was seeig 4 partition. i did add stuff on one partition. it is not plugged in ssf.
is this your old C drive? no well maybe there is a copy of it but the old c drive with win7 is on hdd 1tera spinpoint.
does the fact that i am in admin mode atm be the reason?

Colif

Win 11 Master
i just thought it was same thing. i wasn't sure so I asked.

could try external drive on another pc. I can't say I have a good track record with external drives, all of mine eventually stopped working. I should get an external ssd, might last longer.

anaturelover

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
is this your old C drive?
were the 4 partitions all approx. 1tb each in size?

I think reason it can't see other 2 is because you booted as MBR and it can't access any space on drives about 2.2tb . They are likely there. I expect drive is formatted as GPT given its size.

you need a PC that is booting using the UEFI boot method that recognises drives bigger than 2,2tb
hi could you check there im stuck ed

trying to image a partion need to mount image

TRENDING THREADS