Home Airtime Minutes

Susan

"Night & Weekend Home Airtime Minutes" - Does home airtime minutes still
mean from anywhere where you are not roaming?

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 04:35:54 GMT, "susan" <susanl@penn.com> wrote:

>"Night & Weekend Home Airtime Minutes" - Does home airtime minutes still
>mean from anywhere where you are not roaming?

It depends on the plan. Which one are you referring to?

Susan

"The Ghost of General Lee" <ghost@general.lee> wrote in message
> On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 04:35:54 GMT, "susan" <susanl@penn.com> wrote:
>
>>"Night & Weekend Home Airtime Minutes" - Does home airtime minutes still
>>mean from anywhere where you are not roaming?
>>

> It depends on the plan. Which one are you referring to?

Americas Choice.

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 10:34:51 GMT, "susan" <susanl@penn.com> wrote:

>"The Ghost of General Lee" <ghost@general.lee> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 04:35:54 GMT, "susan" <susanl@penn.com> wrote:
>>
>>>"Night & Weekend Home Airtime Minutes" - Does home airtime minutes still
>>>mean from anywhere where you are not roaming?
>>>

>> It depends on the plan. Which one are you referring to?
>
>Americas Choice.

I presume you mean AC2 and not AC1. It's my understanding that under
AC2, there are no longer any roaming areas, and the phones are
prohibited from roaming on *any* foreign (non VZW or their roaming
agreement partners) system, even if you were willing to pay for the
minutes.

I work for the ILEC ...." stuff happens! "

>> It depends on the plan. Which one are you referring to?
>
> Americas Choice.

Which AC ? I or II ??

Oh' this is so confusin'. I got a headache !!!

As an "aside"... and not so "consumer friendly"....

The Ghost of General Lee wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 10:34:51 GMT, "susan" <susanl@penn.com> wrote:
>

>>"The Ghost of General Lee" <ghost@general.lee> wrote in message

>>>It depends on the plan. Which one are you referring to?
>>
>>Americas Choice.
>>

> I presume you mean AC2 and not AC1. It's my understanding that under
> AC2, there are no longer any roaming areas, and the phones are
> prohibited from roaming on *any* foreign (non VZW or their roaming
> agreement partners) system, even if you were willing to pay for the
> minutes.

I had a Verizon sales rep tell me that AC2 will roam in Canada. I don't
know if I should believe him or not. Has anyone had any experience with
this.

Thanks,
Pat

The Ghost of General Lee wrote:
> I presume you mean AC2 and not AC1. It's my understanding that under
> AC2, there are no longer any roaming areas, and the phones are
> prohibited from roaming on *any* foreign (non VZW or their roaming
> agreement partners) system, even if you were willing to pay for the
> minutes.

Under AC-II, there are LOTS of roaming (non-VZW) areas. What there isn't
is roaming *charges*. Pay-roaming areas from AC-I either became free
under AC-II, or they were made inaccessible, with no option to pay for
using them. This is for U.S. systems. I think you will pay for roaming
in Canada under AC-II.

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 02:10:46 GMT, CharlesH <hoch@exemplary.invalid>
wrote:

>Under AC-II, there are LOTS of roaming (non-VZW) areas. What there isn't
>is roaming *charges*.

That's why I qualified it to say "foreign", as in not native VZW or
their roaming agreement partners' systems.