Home built systen guvung me hell

ahabius

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
I built a system with the following hardware: 9800 GTX+ 512 Overclocked from BFG, a Gigabyte GA-EP35C motherboard with dual core Intel processor, and 4 gigs of ram. My sound is supplied by Realtek onboard, and seems to be causing my computer to crash, frequently.

What occurs is that my computer will begin to loop sounds in a game when a new sound is played, then my graphics will become distorted, and eventually my computer will blue screen. Windows suggests I manually turn down my hardware acceleration, having done this, and also having put in my old 6800 graphics card still getting the same effect, I am beginning to believe there is another problem, but am not sure how to fix it.

Any advice?

BSOD's are very often caused by RAM problems. What exact RAM do you have? Did you manually set the RAM speed/timings/voltage to the manufacturers specs in the BIOS. Did you run memtest86+ (www.memtest.org) overnight to test for RAM errors? Are all your drivers up to date?

You'll get a lot more meaningful advice if you post the complete system specs, including PSU. It would also be nice to know exactly which "dual core Intel processor" you have to make sure it's compatible with your motherboard with the currently loaded BIOS revision.

ahabius

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
It is the corsair ddr2 240 pin sdram, no, I have not done anything with the bios except get the ones that Gigabyte offers on its site. I will run the test tonight.

As for the processor, it is a 2.67 ghz intel core 2 duo.

The BIOS version is: Award Software International, Inc. F2 01/04/2008

That still doesn't tell me much. Do you know how many "Corsair DDR2 240 pin sdram" models there are? Newegg lists 12 kits that match your description. I'm also looking for a model # for the CPU. There are multiple Intel Core 2 Duo CPU's that run at 2.66 GHz. The E6750, E6700, E7300, and E8200 are just a few off the top of my head. We also need to know the exact model number of the PSU (Power supply).

ahabius

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
The motherboard is the ASUS M2R32-MVP580X CrossFire AM2; the processor is the AMD|A64 X2 6400+ 3.2G AM2 2M R; The power supply is the CoolMax CUG-950B 950W; the RAM is 2Gx2|CORS TWIN2X4096-6400C5 G (there are 2 of them); the hard drives are 500G|WD 7K 16M SATA2 WD5000AAKS - OEM (there are 2 of them).

I am running the WinXP 32 bit edition with service pack 3.

I ran the memtest last night, and found no errors.

Is there anything else you need to know? I think that is all the info I have in my invoices (got it all from newegg over the last few years).

rewindlabs

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
......Im trying to find the exact way to question and imply a wtf.....its to hard

How did we get from you having an intel cpu to an amd cpu...if you can't even list us your cpu then we have major fence to jump....why did you purchase an AMD 6400+ i hope that was a LONG while back....

ahabius

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
I apologize. On my way to work in a hurry, copied down the wrong invoices for mobo and for proc. The Mobo is the Gigabyte GA-EP35C, and the proc is the Intel E6758. I apologize.

And I do use Linux, and Windows 7 (which is far better than the pile that is Vista) just on different machines. This one, being for gaming, is a XP only.