Home Folder Question

I've setup home folders for our HF test group and I'm trying to see if there
is a way for the mapped home folder to not disclose the server's Total Size
and Free Space information. If there is a way to do this, I would appreciate
any help. Thank you.

Mike

There isn't a real way to do this. I would point out that Home Folders are
more there for backwards compatibility and the current model under server 2k
and 2k3 prefers to use folder redirection of the My Documents.

In that scenario, the permissions are locked such that there is little
chance of anyone but the owner seeing the folder information. You would
also want to use quotas to help you manage the sizes of these folders. It
is a pretty solid way of handling it. Just make sure that you don't
redirect to the same location as the roaming profile.... that can be messy.

--
Ryan Hanisco
MCSE, MCDBA