Question Home Forums Components Hard Drives & Storage Help with M.2 SSDs for Asus Rampage V Extreme Mobo Jump to Latest

Vodoochild81

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
Hi guys this is a thread detailing the type of M.2 SSDs that are compatible with my mobo.

Rampage V Extreme M.2 Setup And Windows Installation FAQ
42677 Installing Windows isn’t exactly rocket science. Most of us have probably gone through this process more than once in our lifetime. But M.2 is a relatively new technology after all so it’s normal that some questions will arise. If you’re planning to use this new form factor, I’ve put...
rog.asus.com

My mobo is old so I am not sure if that means I can use one of the latest SSDs. Sorry I am a total noob with these types of SSDS so I am not sure what to pick. Would this work and would i get the full speeds?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07M9VXSXG?tag=p00935-20&ascsubtag=05vxG940YZgCcpXcga5rCm8&th=1

Is this something I should use for a start up disk? I was thinking of using it for a cache drive for After Effects work as well as some gaming. I believe Nvidia has some new tech that uses these SSDs really well like the PS5 no?

Hi guys this is a thread detailing the type of M.2 SSDs that are compatible with my mobo.

Rampage V Extreme M.2 Setup And Windows Installation FAQ
42677 Installing Windows isn’t exactly rocket science. Most of us have probably gone through this process more than once in our lifetime. But M.2 is a relatively new technology after all so it’s normal that some questions will arise. If you’re planning to use this new form factor, I’ve put...
rog.asus.com

My mobo is old so I am not sure if that means I can use one of the latest SSDs. Sorry I am a total noob with these types of SSDS so I am not sure what to pick. Would this work and would i get the full speeds?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07M9VXSXG?tag=p00935-20&ascsubtag=05vxG940YZgCcpXcga5rCm8&th=1

Is this something I should use for a start up disk? I was thinking of using it for a cache drive for After Effects work as well as some gaming. I believe Nvidia has some new tech that uses these SSDs really well like the PS5 no?
Yes you can use that one or any M-2 NVMe SSD.