[SOLVED] Home Internet Security

71saint

Commendable
Apr 14, 2017
I have been getting pop ups on my phone from my mobile carrier saying that my home network is no longer secure, and a family member has been getting the same thing from McAfee. Therefore we are hoping to get some additional hardware that is dedicated to internet security. I have tried looking for this to no avail. Any recommendations? We have many devices on our network including but not limited to game consoles, DVD players, computers, and phones. We also have someone home and awake almost 24/7 so shutting down the router while not in use is not an option.

Solution
If you've got messages like that, something has infected your network. There's not much you can do about such infections as they are usually initiated by a user as the entire network is closed off from attack unless you have upnp or ports open on your network.

If what you want is something to filter out these type of attacks, you're looking at a multi-thousand dollar enterprise class UTM router.
A popup saying "You are not secure" is different than one saying "You are infected"

"You are not secure" because you're not using OUR tool!
If you've got messages like that, something has infected your network. There's not much you can do about such infections as they are usually initiated by a user as the entire network is closed off from attack unless you have upnp or ports open on your network.

If what you want is something to filter out these type of attacks, you're looking at a multi-thousand dollar enterprise class UTM router.

USAFRet

Titan
McAfee is giving you those popups because they want to sell you something.

Start here:

USAFRet

Titan

A popup saying "You are not secure" is different than one saying "You are infected"

"You are not secure" because you're not using OUR tool!

Solution

71saint

Commendable
Apr 14, 2017
Ok, so I just did a scan using my carrier's security app and it says there's nothing wrong, I swear I remember it saying it wasn't safe. Anyway, thank you for your assistance.