Home Network Games

May sound "old" but, how do I set up to play games between 2 computers that
are connected by a wireless routing system? Fairly new to this. My son and I
would like to play against each other from separate rooms. Both computers
have Windows XP, main (hooked to router) is on SP2. The necessary
hardware/software is probably there---I just don't know how to do it. Any
help out there?

Hi NDDAD,

Once your network is setup and all PC's see each other, start
your game of choice, choose the Multiplayer LAN option and
then connect using your internal network IP addresses. :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

"NDDAD" <NDDAD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:472737A5-1594-4250-99FF-1152272B8327@microsoft.com...
> May sound "old" but, how do I set up to play games between 2 computers that
> are connected by a wireless routing system? Fairly new to this. My son and I
> would like to play against each other from separate rooms. Both computers
> have Windows XP, main (hooked to router) is on SP2. The necessary
> hardware/software is probably there---I just don't know how to do it. Any
> help out there?

Thanks, Jimmy. What do you mean by "the computers see each other"? Remember,
I am new to this. The only thing we lnow for sure is that there is a shared
documents folder on the remote computer, but that is the only thing we can
see from both. Am I on the right road?