Home Networking Update Advice

Raging Raptor

Commendable
Jul 22, 2016
I found a great deal for a Netgear AC3200, what would the best sub $100 modem be? I've been eyeing the Arris Surfboard SB1690.

Solution
Most important thing is that the device is on your ISP supported list. Most arris products are supported by most ISP but if it is not on their list they will not activate it for you.

I suspect you typo the model but that is device is what is used by many cable systems that deliver more than 100mbps. It is kinda overkill if you isp does not use the extra capacity, but other than costing more money it does not hurt anything to put it on a slower connection.
Most important thing is that the device is on your ISP supported list. Most arris products are supported by most ISP but if it is not on their list they will not activate it for you.

I suspect you typo the model but that is device is what is used by many cable systems that deliver more than 100mbps. It is kinda overkill if you isp does not use the extra capacity, but other than costing more money it does not hurt anything to put it on a slower connection.

Solution