Home Networking with AT&T GigaPower/U-Verse TV

I have AT&T U-verse U-450, Voice & GigaPower Internet. I have been troubleshooting connectivity issues for the last 6 months (since it was installed). The results of my troubleshooting indicate that when the U-Verse U-450 has any connectivity issues, it floods the network with requests, slowing down computers and other devices that are connected to the internet.

Short of switching to DirecTV, is there an option to segmenting the networks to reduce problems? (i.e. using a router in bridge mode to isolate the non-video devices)?

AT&T techs are no help at all....and tech support doesn't understand what I am talking about.

The issue isn't connectivity from the modem to the internet....it is with local traffic. UVerse IPTV is a bear - theoretically it works great, but because of the way they have designed it, it creates issues with the local network. You can't utilize items like powerline adapters.

The problems tend to be when a communications issue between the set-top boxes occur, I lose connectivity on all other devices (sometimes a 1-2 second blink - sometimes it can last for 10-15 minutes as the devices are flooded with traffic).