Home Office envelope only printers

yourguest

Honorable
Mar 15, 2012
There are "Top-Down" style desktop scanners out there... but are there any "Top-Down" style desktop envelope printers?

I have an "old" HL-1040 printer that is good for printing envelopes and also, deposit tickets... but no one makes printers of this particular design any more. My NEW printer needs to sit up against a wall... so therefore, I can't feed my envelopes into it from the back -- as is required by most new printers.

- WSB

yourguest

Honorable
Mar 15, 2012
Thanks for the reply... however, I was hoping to find a small, specialty laser printer designed specifically to print small numbers of various size envelopes, and the like. Just as there are small scanners that are designed specifically to scan checks, or post cards, or single business cards.

- WSB

if there is, it would still be cheaper to buy a generic small B&W laser printer with front manual feed tray will do the job just fine. Some of the higher volume office lasers have special envelope feeders designed for just that purpose. Since most people require a printer for things other than envelopes it makes sense to get one that can do both envelopes and normal printing to save space.