TBlaar

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
Hi

Can someone please tell me the differences between Home and Pro.

I don't find them to be too different.
I know Pro is aimed more towards network use.

Can someone list these or summing?

PS: Please, nobody copy-paste me a link to the site, like www.microsoft.com/windowsxp. This site is aimed at the intellectually challenged.

pscowboy

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2002
Pro has beefier security and networking, aimed strictly for the business market.

Home will suit you just fine. And, if you have a 95 or 98 cd, get the Home Update version. Cheaper yet!

TBlaar

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
Thanks dude.

I am not looking at buying any of them, I have them both. And all the ones before. All legal, obviously....

No, this is a question I get asked often, so I wanna have a good answer, very technical, making my sound very clever in a very nerdish way.

Anybody have something like that, like a comparison list?

riser

Illustrious
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/choosing2.mspx

Good looking your way to actual want a list.

Basically, Pro has advanced features for a business application. Remote desktop.. the security is the same, don't get that mixed up. You just have a lot more flexability with the Pro version if you're assigning groups or individual users rights. Basically something you'd experience when you have 1000 users accessing the same share - some can add, some can edit, some can only view, some can add but not delete. some can't view, etc.

Home, I believe it's more like open or closed, read/write or just read.

TBlaar

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
Thanks man

That's the exact page I wanted. Big up to you!

I will include you in my prayers tonight..... :twisted:

Thanks again

pscowboy

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2002
Security is not the same, riser.

There is file system encryption, and, a strong access control in Pro.

Both of which, are not available in Home. Both of which are considered security features. I did not lead this gentleman wrong.

TRENDING THREADS