Home page keeps changing

Can someone help? I keep getting this little window that asks me if I
want to make my homepage www.munky.com. I click no and about 5 more
open up!. This goes on and on and on..... How do I get rid of this?

Leslie

Maria Brown (mbrown2@rgv.rr.com) wrote:
:
: Can someone help? I keep getting this little window that asks me if I
: want to make my homepage www.munky.com. I click no and about 5 more
: open up!. This goes on and on and on..... How do I get rid of this?
:

Download and install Ad-aware from:

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
Lavasoft

HTH,

--Jerry Leslie
Note: leslie@jrlvax.houston.rr.com is invalid for email

"leslie" <LESLIE@JRLVAX.HOUSTON.RR.COM> wrote in message
> Maria Brown (mbrown2@rgv.rr.com) wrote:
> :
> : Can someone help? I keep getting this little window that asks me if I
> : want to make my homepage www.munky.com. I click no and about 5 more
> : open up!. This goes on and on and on..... How do I get rid of this?
> :
>
> Download and install Ad-aware from:
>
> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
> Lavasoft

That is exactally what to do. I looked at the site and it gave me a cookie
that Ad-aware said to remove.
Frank

MunkyMaster

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2006
Maria.. you say you got five little windows? That is just not possible.. perhaps you have downloaded some kind of adware that is interfering with your browsing .. We run Munky as a search site and have for years, We advertise the site as a popunder utilizing the standard Microsoft homepage option. It asks you if you wish to make munky your homepage.. it comes "once" (Served by your Microsoft code in your Microsoft browser) and you may either select YES or NO .. no tricks

Again.. if you are experiencing anything differewnt it has nothing do with Munky.com

Anyway just FYI if you have downloaded some adware or malware both www.lavasoftusa.com and Spybot search and destroy are good options.. You can Munky search for them :D

But running those programs will not REMOVE Munky.com it has NOT been installed as a download. If you wish to set another homepage simply select 'Tools' and then 'Options' on your browser's toolbar to choose another homepage.

schwinn

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
And also try Spybot... between Adaware and Spybot, you get a good overall cleanup of most spyware. Both are free, too...

http://www.safer-networking.org/