Home Page redirection problem

I recently got a trojan on my win2000 called StartPage-EB!
hosts. I ran my virus scan to clear everything out. Now,
my only issue is that every time I open my internet
explorer page it automatically goes to SMARTSEARCH and the
address in the window just states auto:blank. I've reset
the home page a thousand times and it still does this.
Can anyone please help me fix this?
Thank you.

See the links below about parasites and hijacking and tips on what to do.
Specifically, follow the instructions in the second link and use CWShredder
first and then something like AdAware. These are all free programs. Follow
instructions in the last link on how to protect your PC to reduce the risk
of future problems. Hope it helps. ---Steve

http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm

"Melissa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I recently got a trojan on my win2000 called StartPage-EB!
> hosts. I ran my virus scan to clear everything out. Now,
> my only issue is that every time I open my internet
> explorer page it automatically goes to SMARTSEARCH and the
> address in the window just states auto:blank. I've reset
> the home page a thousand times and it still does this.
> Can anyone please help me fix this?
> Thank you.

TRENDING THREADS