Home Phone disconnects me from the Internet

Cjdx

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
My grandma has a Panasonic DECT 6.0 Plus home phone. Every time her phone rings my computer disconnects from the internet. Some things I have noticed is that I am the only one in the house who disconnects when it rings, and if I go downstairs with my computer it won't disconnect. Looking through existing questions/answers show that it's either a filtering problem or the wireless being interfered with by her cordless phone. Which do you think it is in my case? How do I go about fixing it?

Solution
Your description of the problem seems to say that you are fairly far from the router. And yes, cordless phones can interfere with wifi. So that may be the source of your problem. The spec on that phone presented on the Panasonic web page say it uses 1.9GHz frequency. So the first thing I would try is to set the 2.4 GHz channel to 11 to see if that eliminates the possible interference. Or if you can, switch to the less crowded 5 GHz wifi.

Pooneil

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
Your description of the problem seems to say that you are fairly far from the router. And yes, cordless phones can interfere with wifi. So that may be the source of your problem. The spec on that phone presented on the Panasonic web page say it uses 1.9GHz frequency. So the first thing I would try is to set the 2.4 GHz channel to 11 to see if that eliminates the possible interference. Or if you can, switch to the less crowded 5 GHz wifi.

Solution