[SOLVED] Home power tools for cutting aluminum?

Apr 25, 2019
I don't know if this is the right section to post this thread... I currently have a GOXAWEE rotary tool, but its cutting wheels are just not strong enough to cut through aluminum. Can someone recommend me a home power cutting tool for this?

Apr 25, 2019
That is the important question. If you are trying to cut square stock then a band saw or cutoff saw. Holes in aluminum plate would best be a jigsaw. Use a drill to create an opening for the blade. It depends on what you are cutting.
I am just trying to cut my aluminum plates to proper dimensions. The band saws are very expensive though...

John553

BANNED
Oct 5, 2019
A jigsaw will work with a good metal cutting blade. Also get a fairly coarse blade since the aluminum unlike other metals will actually melt and fill in the teeth on finer blades, making them useless after cutting a few inches (yeah I've tried it before). You'll also probably need more than one blade. A jigsaw like this is probably adequate.

Reactions: digitalgriffin
A jigsaw will work with a good metal cutting blade. Also get a fairly coarse blade since the aluminum unlike other metals will actually melt and fill in the teeth on finer blades, making them useless after cutting a few inches (yeah I've tried it before). You'll also probably need more than one blade. A jigsaw like this is probably adequate.

Cutting 2021 was always a pain.