Home Printer recommmendations

Sfthlt12

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014
Does anyone have any good home printer referrals? I am looking to spend between $250 and $400 and I would describe my print load to be light to medium.

***If this is in the wrong section, please don't flame me too bad. Im new to the community and couldn't see a printer forum option.***

: )

Solution
If you have a medium print load, I advise Brother or HP. I worked for Best Buy awhile back before being a computer technician, so I kinda' have a better understanding of the printers. HP has products that last, as well as Brother. Both brands have fairly priced ink, and will not run you over $100. I would rather you have a Brother printer, though, if you are not going photo crazy or something like that. If you're looking at printing mostly documents, go for Brother. My grandmother also had a Brother printer that lasted her over seven years.

biohazrdfear

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
If you have a medium print load, I advise Brother or HP. I worked for Best Buy awhile back before being a computer technician, so I kinda' have a better understanding of the printers. HP has products that last, as well as Brother. Both brands have fairly priced ink, and will not run you over $100. I would rather you have a Brother printer, though, if you are not going photo crazy or something like that. If you're looking at printing mostly documents, go for Brother. My grandmother also had a Brother printer that lasted her over seven years.

Solution

Sfthlt12

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014
Brother sounds like a good option. they look like they have a laser printer model for $249 at Office Depot. I used to have an Oki Data which I really liked but Ill go check out that Brother printer today. Thanks for the heads up!

biohazrdfear

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
Not a problem, buddy! I personally never saw a huge difference between ALL the printer brands...but I can weave them out. I just never cared for Epson because their units were always over priced, and Cannon...well you can expect a Cannon printer to be JUST for photos (the impression I got). HP is good with printing documents and whatnot, but they aim towards an all in one experience. Want to print a document, go ahead. Want to print a picture, go ahead. BUT, if you want a printer for business, documents, etc...I'll always say Brother. With that being said...check out that printer, my brother!

biohazrdfear

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013

I will never go back to a traditional Inkjet printer. Ever again. I'm so glad I have a laser printer.